When I thought about writing this post I thought about all of the things I hadn’t done, hadn’t accomplished, hadn’t crossed off my list. But then I decided to be more positive – maybe it was starting up on The Artist’s Way that helped. So, in that vein, here is all I accomplished in this short week that started the new year.
- I went to a party, talked to people and had a good time. (That’s actually a very large accomplishment for me as I don’t like parties and never know what to say to someone in person. I usually stand by the food table and eat.)
- I blogged every day this week – if we consider this week to only be the days in January.
- I created my first 2014 digital collage.
- I got one of my 52 items accomplished: I watched a movie! It was One for the Money which is based on a Janet Evanovich book. My sister had wanted to go see this movie when it first came out, as she’s as much a fan of the Stephanie Plum books as I am, but I had read the reviews and they were really bad. I then mostly forgot about it until this year when I was going through Netflix and Amazon Instant to find movies for the first of my 52 this year and I ran across this one. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be but it wasn’t really that good. The Irish actor who played Joe Morelli was really distracting (I kept expecting him to start talking with an Irish brogue), but the actor who played Ranger was not as bad as fans of the book had made out. Any way, I watched it.
- I started Project Life and got the opening page done and part of this week done. I think I will go with a page a week unless we’re traveling (and I have more to report on) or something is going on that week.
- I organized my daily art supplies – now it is much easier to find that tool I need when I need it. Yay me!
- As I mentioned above, I started back on The Artist’s Way. I had kept up on the morning pages, I just hadn’t done any reading since before Christmas.
- And, last but certainly not least, I got my new Midori planner all set up and ready to go.